Some Current Projects:
Romania, Ireland, UK and Chile:
Pyrolysis to Oil:The conversion of end of life plastic to useful oil for export sale. These projects will convert approx. 6,000t/yr per module of mixed plastic into pyrolysis oil for combustion. The yields are approx. 75% for plastic the remainder going to syngas and carbon black for reuse in front end or reprocessing. The plant in Romania is now producing approx. 10t/day of mixed gasoline and diesel that will be further refined into constituents. The Bulgarian project is being permitted at present and should be commissioned by 3rd Q 2015.
The second generation pyrolyser in Romania is being commissioned in March 2015 with central energy generation for 3 drums and automatic control.Additional cooling has been added to speed up loading of feedstock and we anticipate being able to achieve 40t/d of throughput.
1) Large Scale Seawater Pumped Hydro Electric Storage SPHES rated at 1,280MW:WE act as consultantsto Organic Power Ltd a renewable energy company with developments in wind , biomass and SPHES. We am part of the design team that took the large SPHES project of 6GWhrs on Glinsk mountain from initial site identification to final planning for Organic Power. We carried out energy and storage calculations and final turbine specification. Follow the progress of this unique project on Organic Power web site.
2) Small scale CHP 220kWe for hotel and leisure complex.
3) 18MW Biomass plant for site in Kildare using straw as primary feedstock backed up by woodchippings, with a heat sink of 100 hectacres of greenhouse using low grade heat from turbine. Overall efficiency >80%
4) 2MW Tri-Phase Plant with district heating.This project involves the upgrade of an existing tri phase system with gas engine chp and absorption chillers and export of waste heat to apartments and hotel complex.
5) Steam generation and Refrigeration rationalization.Project in food industry to recover heat from ammonia chilling plant to preheat process and washdown water with goal of reducing steam demand by 1.2MWt.
6) Fuel Conversion :Advise large LPG company when changing clients feedstock from HFO/Diesel to LPG with resultant savings in energy and CO2 and sulphur emmissions
7) Legal: Acting as expert witness in arbitration and court cases on behalf of insurance companies.
8) District heating:We act as consultants to Frontline Energy that specifies and manages many of Irelands largest district heating and CHP systems, and is currently involved in very large DHS schemes in UK.
Large Air to Water Heat Pump :Upgrade and increased thermal and electrical efficiency for air to water heat pump district heating/cooling system in a large urbinasition in the Marbella area.
Goal to reduce electrical consumption by approx 40% by rationilizing the compressor selection and eliminating the constant flow of the original design.
- Energy monitoring and improved efficiecny for large hospital group with Frontline Energy
- Solar project involving solar thermal and absorption chilling for a large extrusion factory.
We are part of a research team based in USA involved in new concept for energy storage using different density saline fluids.
Other Energy Technologies with projects ongoing at present are:
- Waste to Oil and/or Energy using pyrolysis and syngas generators.
- Project energy analysis.
- Biomass CHP
- CSP with PHES
- Tri Phase CHP
- Solar absorption project for 2,000MW cooling in Saudi Arabia.